Login To Your School Loop Account Here
Mr. Richard Wall
WHAT’S YOUR MINDSET?
We began 2017 with presentations on Growth Mindset and Overcoming Failure. Having a Growth Mindset is a new concept for most students and many adults. Our Mindset has a big ...more
T. R. Smedberg Locker
PPT, Word, Excel Viewers [Go
Acrobat Reader [Go
"Are Honors Classes For You?"
Check out this video
This text will be replaced
News & Announcements
- Today is the ALL-SCHOOL RUN! All Term 4 PE students will be running today during each class period. Good luck everyone!
- Mr. Jasper is now taking applications from current 7th graders who would like to apply to be peer mediators next year. If you are good at helping others resolve their conflicts, have excellent communication skills and can keep information private, then this might be for you. Applications are available on the counter in the front office and are due Friday, May 5th.
- The Leadership list for 2017-2018 is posted in the display case next to the Student Store. Thank you to everyone that applied to be a part of SMS Leadership. Today in Advisory you will get your paperwork that is due next Thursday.
- Smedberg will once again be offering Summer School for currently enrolled 7th grade students. All students will take LA/Social Science and Math/Robotics. Students will select between "Fun with Computers" and "PE/Wellness". Additionally, students can select Honors/Pre-Honors level courses. Dates: June 5th - June 23rd (Monday - Friday) Times: 8:00 am - 12:35 pm. Summer School Registration Forms are available in the Front Office and on School Loop.
- Have you seen all our new library books! Today is the last day to check out library books so make sure and check out our new books. Please have your ID with you for this final check out of the school year.
- 8th Graders – Remember that promotion pictures are due by next Friday! Please turn in the money for the pictures that you are keeping or turn in the pictures that you do not want to the student store.
- 8th Graders – if you are interested in giving a speech at Promotion or singing the National Anthem, you can pick up information in the student store. Anthem forms are due TODAY and Speeches are due on Monday, May 1st. The information is also on School Loop.
- Come see Shakespeare in the Quad! Tonight, actors from Smedberg and three other middle schools will come together to perform The Comedy of Errors, by William Shakespeare. It is a hilarious show with action, romance, mistaken identity, and all around silliness. Tickets cost $5, and can be purchased in the student store this week or at the door on Friday. In the tradition of “Shakespeare in the Park,” the play will be performed on the outdoor stage of Albiani Middle School, entertaining audiences while they enjoy a picnic dinner. Food trucks will be there, so pack your picnic blankets, invite your friends, and get ready to laugh through The Comedy of Errors.
- Do you want to spend a school day bowling, playing laser tag, playing video games, eating pizza and drinking soda? Did you earn POP for at least two terms this year? If so, pick up a packet for the Country Club Lanes field trip in the student store today at lunch or on School Loop! Sign-ups will begin next Monday and spaces are limited – this trip will likely sell out so sign up early in the week to guarantee your spot! The cost is $30 with ASB card and $35 without. Remember that you must have an ID card to sign up. Sign-ups will end on Thursday, May 11th unless the trip fills up before then! So keep listening to the bulletin to know how many spaces are available.
Attached is the 8th Grade Promotion Packet that was distributed during Advisory on Monday, April 17th. The last page needs to be completed and returned ASAP (It was due on Friday, April 21).
Here is the packet for the Country Club Lanes field trip. Please print all documents and get all required signatures to sign up. To qualify, students must have earned POP (3.0+ GPA) for at least two terms this school year. The trip is on Wednesday, May 17th, and the cost is $30 with ASB and $35 without. All information is in the packet. A maximum of 153 students can attend the trip.
This text will be replaced
Our new spirit shirts have arrived support your team
$ 8.00 with ASB sticker
$ 10.00 without ASB sticker
$ 2.00 more for 2x & 3x
The Elk Grove Unified School District has launched a new secure EGUSD Portal website that will allow parents and guardians the option to receive their student’s official academic progress reports and report cards electronically.
For more information please go to the following link: